Thursday, March 27, 2014

Shortbread Cookies with Strawberry-Coconut Frosting

Look! Cookies!
It has been a long time...

I haven't written since last year. I don't really know why. My mind and body kind of went off the rails and I am trying to find my way back.

I figure I’ll start back up with something that everyone likes…COOKIES.





I made theses gems for Valentine’s Day this year. HOT TIP: I love Valentine’s Day. It is so fun; making treats and giving special things to people who are awesome and deserve it, and especially for those who aren’t expecting it!



COOKIES:

¾ Cup Butter (Earth Balance is my go-to!)
¼ Cups Sugar
2 Cups Flour
Splash of Milk or Water

Heat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients. Add milk/water until dough is in a usable form.

Now you can a use a little creative freedom:

  1. Form a log (I usually do square) Slice into 1/3-1/2 inch thick and place on cookies sheet.  Poke with a fork. Bake 20-25 minutes.

OR

  1. Dust a clean/dry surface with flour and roll out to 1/4-1/3 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter…reform dough ball, roll out, and cut more cookies. Place on baking sheet, bake for 15-20 Minutes


The cookies should not brown or change shape. Do the ‘thang’ where you take them off the baking sheet and rack ‘em up to cool. (I have such a jazzy vocab today.)

Ready for Baking!


FROSTING:

This is the least sciency recipe.

Powdered Sugar
Coconut Milk (The fatty-fat kind in the can is best, regular almond milk works too)
Strawberry Jam (Or whatever! Smash up some fresh fruit)

Start with ¼ cup of powdered sugar, slowly add liquid, whisk together until the mixture is of desired consistency. Add some Jam. Frost things.



Now, don’t forget to share. Or do, I’m not the boss of you. 

Spread for my siblings. Includes handmade peanut-butter cups, and coconut almond filled chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment