Monday, April 29, 2013

Berry Cobbler

I made this the other day. It was a treat. I did not regret eating it, even though I know I shouldn't have.







Berry Gooooodness:

4-5 Cups fresh or frozen berries (I used black and rasp for this)
1/3 Cup evaporated cane juice
1/3 Cup wide chip coconut flakes

Mix that all in a bowl and put it in a baking dish. (Round, Pie, Square, Rectangle...)

Crumbly Top:

4 Handfuls Rolled Oats
1/4 Flour (any will suffice)
1/2 Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts (Pecans, Walnuts, Macadamia Nuts, Hazel...you get it)
1/2 Cup Wide Chip Coconut Flakes
2/3 Cup Oil (I used a mix of Olive and Coconut)

Mix it all in a bowl with your hands. You want it to be crumbly.

Press the Oat Mixture on top of the Berry Mixture. Sprinkle with Cinnamon (or don't)

Bake at 350-400 for an hour-ish. The berry mixture should bubble, top should be golden brown. Cook time depends on if you used fresh or frozen fruits. Yeah, uh, this is a hard one to write down because I just sort of make it.



Serve warm with your favorite non-dairy frozen treat, finish with a bit of vanilla almond milk, or creamer...Mmm...Food...Then do cardio in the morning, because you're fat. Yes, YOU!





No comments:

Post a Comment