Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mexican-ish Stuffed Peppers



I have been cooking for one a lot lately…which makes me sad. No one wants to eat my food anymore. I love cooking for people. I don’t really have time to host folks, and my siblings I live with are lame and don’t wanna.



Oh well…I’ll bang out these rad creations…I have been feeling like most things I have made lately are really boring. This quick meal had a good result.


One Bell Pepper, halved and seeded

Couple TBSP Vegetarian Refried Beans

2/3 cup cooked Lentils (1/3 dry…boiled or whatever)

4 medium sized Mushrooms, chopped

2-3 stalks of Kale, chopped

Bit ‘o’ Onion

Clove of minced Garlic

Chili Powder

Cumin

Salt

Pepper

Olives (or not, a lot of people don’t like olives…)

Enchilada Sauce (if you have a jar open use that, otherwise try this QUICK FIX Recipe I made up)

Heat a pan over medium. Spray oil. Preheat the oven to 350. Cook Lentils.

Add onion and mushrooms, sauté` until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms begin to soften. Add the cooked lentils.

Spice to taste, chili powder (1 tsp+ usually) and some cumin; salt and pepper too.

Add the garlic and kale. Include a few tablespoons of water to steam.

While that works its magic, schmere the beans inside the cut pepper.

Mix everything well, stuff the peppers. They should be pretty much, totally, and completely over full...smoosh it.

Place in a glass baking dish. Add enough water to cover the bottom. You can cover the peppers, or let them just hang out. Place in oven and bake for 5-8 minutes.

The kale might start getting crispy, but I like it that way. After the initial 5+ minutes add the sauce and sliced olives to the top. Return to the oven for 7-8 minutes.

You want the pepper to be sort of tender, but not soggy.

Place on top of a bed of lettuce for a fresh crunch, add avocado, whatever else you might be interested in…I don’t make the rules, I just politely suggest things you may enjoy…

Like this recipe for instance J

No comments:

Post a Comment