Monday, February 25, 2013

Chickpea Salad


Extremely simple. Ingredients are easy to swap, and you can adjust the flavors as needed.



1 Can Chickpeas

¼ Sweet Bell Pepper, Chopped

1 Stalk celery, Chopped

1 Dill Pickle, Chopped

1 Green Onion, Chopped…EVERYTHING IS CHOPPED!

1 TBL Vegenaise (I’m trying to be soy free…so I used the green one…its soy free)

Sprinkle ‘o’ Dill

Sprinkle ‘o’ Garlic Powder

S&P

Get out a bowl!

Open the can, rinse the beans, pour them in the bowl. Squash them if you want (works best if you are going to make it into a sammich) or don’t…mixes best atop some lettuce.

Put everything else in the bowl…and mix it.

Make it into a sammich. I like to use romaine hearts to make a kind of taco-ish thing. Put it on some shredded lettuce and have it be a regular salad. I don’t know how long it keeps, I usually eat it all in one sitting. Use your best judgement.

You can eat this right away…it won’t burn your mouth! Happy Lunching.

No comments:

Post a Comment