Thursday, September 20, 2012

Win or Quit

When I was looking to buy a bike I was advised to buy a Cyclocross bike and start racing. I took a few clinics, and had my first race yesterday.



I am registered for the entire 5 week series BLIND DATE AT THE DAIRY. The way it works is I had to register as a beginner and as you perform well you move up into other classes. Beginners-->C-->B-->A...You get it.


I placed 3/29 in the beginner category. I intend to win next week and have the organizers demand I upgrade to C's...Hopefully I can dominate that field too. I was too excited to not post about this on Facebook, Instagram, this blog...while mentioning it to everyone that fills their water at the jug by my cubicle...makes me think I should get a Twitter and a Tumbler...Ha.

I'm being fucking ridiculous, but I'm too excited to care, and I can delete this post at any time.

I'm also helping out with the course stuff, so I stayed after my race and helped clean up. I got filthy. It was amazing. I haven't been that dirty in combination with such an intense high from doing something so competitive in years. Holy crap that felt amazing. I can't wait to do it all again next week!

I registered for a weekend race on 9/30...Hopefully I can dominate that too...

Welp, I'm having a really good day...I hope you are!

BAM.

Side note, VEGFEST THIS WEEKEND!!!!! You should come.

No comments:

Post a Comment