Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Open-Face Sloppy Hoes

Because I am not a micro-managing pimp…

This recipe makes a buttload. It is easy to half. I love leftovers and so do the people I live with. Even though they tease me for not adding meeeeeaaaat and cheeeeeeese to every damn thing, they eat and enjoy the foods I sling.

Ingredients:

2 Packages Beef-Less Meat Crumbles (I used Trader Joe’s…Lentils would work great too or TVP)
Makes No Sense...Tastes Delicious


1 Yam

1 Bell Pepper

½ Large Onion (I almost exclusively use red onions…Walla Wallas if they are in season and I have one)

2 Stalks Celery

1 Can Tomato Sauce (Tomato paste/water mixture works equally as well.)


Yep, Missing Things...
Splash Apple Cider Vinegar

2-ish TBL Worcestershire Sauce (MAKE SURE Its Vegan! Make your Own or buy some like my lazy ass.)


Steak Seasoning

Sriracha or Cayenne Pepper

Bit of Brown Sugar (Light, Dark…Who freaking cares?)

½ Tsp Tumeric

BUNZ (I won’t pretend I’m too cool to just eat it on toasted bread…’cause I do that and it tastes GOOD.)

Heat a pan over Medium Heat…(Always…)

Throw in your cut up veggies. I cut mine small so the picky people will end up eating the vegetables.
Small Vegetables Cook Fast-->You Can Eat Faster!

Sautee them until the yams begin to soften. (I like to cut the yams very thin to decrease the amount of time between me having the idea to make this and the food actually passing through my lips)

Add your meatless meatness. Mix Dat Shit Up!
Not-Beef...It Is What's For Dinner


Heat through.

Dump in the can of tomato sauce

Add ¼ cup or so of Apple Cider Vinegar

Add couple glugs Worcestershire Sauce

Shake a generous amount of Steak Seasoning, add Tumeric and a little brown sugar.

Add spicy spices according to your taste preference…I enjoy enough spice to make it interesting, a small enough amount that I can still taste my food and my nose doesn’t run.

Lid is about to go on...BUBBLE!

Let it simmer over medium heat. I like to put the lid on to avoid a huge mess and stained clothes.

I usually let it bubble for 10-15 minutes until I reach desired thickness—too runny makes for soggy bunz.

3-5 minutes before the Hoes are ready toast your bunz.

I like to eat mine “open-face” style. It is easier to eat with a fork.

Pile the Hoes on your Toasted Bun…

Typically I’ll eat a salad with this…I like to have greens somewhere in every meal…I did not on this day.

A common theme with me is to advise that you not burn your mouth…Sloppy Hoes will burn your mouth J

Share with your Friends.

Eat.

Open-Face Sloppy Hoes...Extra Schloppy...
Talk about how good it was.

Have seconds.

Complain about how full you are, but how good it was.

Stop complaining.

Ride a bike or go on a walk to reduce your bloated state.


Thank me in your head for suggesting physical activity.


No comments:

Post a Comment