Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Spicy Baked Tofu

1:1 Braggs Liquid Aminos and Water 1/2 cup to a Cup each
1 TSP Dijon Mustard
1-2  TBL Ketchup
Cayenne
Sriracha or other hot sauce
Crushed red pepper flakes
Sugar or Agave
TOFU (I like firm…use your desired firmness)
Cut tofu into 8 slices

 
















Whisk all ingredients (Except the TOFU, you idiot.)
Method 1:
Marinate and bake off.
350-400 for 30-40 minutes, flipping half way, or until you reach desired crispiness.
Method 2:
Baste
Line slices of tofu on sheet pan
Use a basting brush to coat slices on the top side
Bake 10 minutes
Remove from oven, flip and baste.
I usually do four 10-minute intervals for a total 40 minutes baking time. Sometimes I combine the methods...Marinate, then base with remaining marinade...It all depends on my mood and whether or not How I Met Your Mother is on.
Enjoy as a main dish with vegetables...

This is not a very good photo...but it tasted amazing...


Or my favorite, layer it between some bread with some fresh cut or roasted vegetables and smashed avocado...


The best ingredient in this sandwich was sunshine...I love eating outside.


If you ever have questions about a recipe let me know. I'll cook for anyone--Come over.

No comments:

Post a Comment