Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mega Easy Filler Pancakes

Sunday morning I wasn't into my smoothie, so I thought I would make something void of significant nutritional value, and whip up this classic breakfast.

1 Cup Flour (Don’t care which kind…What do you have?)
1 Cup Non-Dairy Milk (Still don’t care which kind)
2 TBL Baking Powder
1 TBL Sugar
Shake of Cinnamon
Pinch ‘o Salt
Fruit (I included blueberries, enough to make the idea of using syrup preposterous)


Heat a pan over Med-Med/High heat. (I used non-stick pan. No oil necessary) Whisk everything but the berries…Unless you want them in there.

WHISKED

I dropped 2 heaping tablespoons of batter for each pancake, making batches of three 4-inch pancakes. Should make about 9 pancakes. I don’t like them crowded so flipping will be a breeze. Drop the fruits on the cakes.

Leave space, nobody wants smashed half retarded pancakes
Let them cook until they reach desired brown-ness…FLIP

You'll notice I flipped a little too soon...
Let cook. Listen to the sizzle as the fruit gets all hot and sugar-tastic.
Eat the first batch while you make more for yourself or other people :D  I mean, you have to make sure they aren’t poison. Don’t burn your mouth on the boiling fruity goodness.


If eaten straight from the pan this berry will destroy your mouth

If the fruit got all-up in your pan, and is burning, scrape it off before adding your next batch.

Here you can see the first batch's leftovers in the bottom of the pan

This is my kind of browned-ness

Cook some for other people. (YOU MAY SKIP THIS STEP) Omit fruit if you have weird picky people in your house.
I served it with a cut nanner. Putting this in a waffle iron would be awesome. I should add protein powder too, so they serve more of a purpose nutritionally.

Mmm...First Batch

Do the dishes
Get showered/dressed if you aren’t
Go outside and have fun with your friends.
I went sailing

Don’t forget to pack food for everyone!


Spicy baked tofu with veggies for sammiches and fruit salad.


And Sunblock!

Protect yourself, apply right after your shower, and before you leave the house. Share with your friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment