Tuesday, June 26, 2012

It is Summer BITCHES!!!


Working
And apparently for me that means when my friend texts me in the middle of the day, “Blow off work and let’s go hiking.” I do just that. If you know me, (which you probably do if you are reading this) you know that I am less than a fan of my current job. It is lame. If I were Siskel or Ebert I’d cut my fucking thumbs off just to make sure no one was confused about whether or not I was flashing anything but a thumbs down.

Daisy Smelling Face
Plus it was the first day of summer and the forecast was for 80 degrees. For me, any decent weather makes me shed my extremely penetrable adult façade and I repeat aloud, “Can we have class outside?!?!” like a 3rd grader who wants to do math by counting the daisies they mastered into a smelly crown. (Daisies smell like urine)
 So I slung my purse over my shoulder and bolted for the elevators, drove home as fast as the wiener car I’m currently sporting would go, stripped my clothes off from the garage to my room and put on my shorts and sporting brassiere and high tailed it to meet up with my pal and his pup.

Triple Falls

The day was glorious. We went to Triple Falls in the Columbia River Gorge. The hike wasn’t so hard that you forget to look up and see what’s around you, but hard enough that you don’t feel bad if you, say, skipped a run or other exercise in favor of this funtivity.

I took a buttload of pictures. I sweated my ass off. It felt good and refreshing. So many things I love were combined in that trip! Sweating, riding in cars windows down/music up, chatting, water, sunshine, being slathered in sunscreen, and acting like an only mildly responsible adult. I was so fumped (fucking pumped) to be out of the office and actually enjoying a Wednesday.         


Cascade 36 - Bums Rush

THAT wasn’t even the end of my adventures that day. I still had a sailboat race during the evening! So after a brief recap of the hike I pimped my way down to the yacht (pronounced Yah-ch-t) club, changed my shoes and got a ride on a Cascade 36.

Not many people have ever been sailing…and most assume its all old men in white pants and navy blazers walking around with martinis OR that T-Pain and Andy Samberg are flipping burgers and fucking mermaids in swim trunks/flippy floppies and pashmina afghans. Granted this particular race series is less than intense, but it is a competition nonetheless. 

This is not real sailing - That isn't even a sailboat


We raced, we were late to the line and came in 6th…I didn’t give a fuck. Any day with sailing is better than one without. Plus I took a bunch of photos!

  
Me and My Brother






 4 hours of work, 2ish hiking, a couple on a boat with some miscellany in between and I had the best first day of summer ever! (I think, I don’t explicitly recall any others…who fuckin’ knows?) To top it all off a few clouds rolled in and I witnessed one of the best sunsets I’ve seen in a while. So even though the forecast is for rain this weekend I still raise a water bottle (gotta hydrate after all that sweating) to toast the beginning of summer. I can already tell it is going to kick ass. Check back soon for other crap I decide to share on the World Wide Web, it’ll be fucking awesome—Just like this photo progression of the sunset   


No comments:

Post a Comment